Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas cards, Christmas concerts and Christmas to-do lists.

Grace's class singing "Christmas in
the Vally".  Grace is at the top, in the middle.
Alex's class - he did
such a great job!  He is wearng a
black Senators shirt, centre in the back row


I am still trying to figure out how to set up my writing and pictures.  It usually takes me a while but I'll get it eventually.

Tonight I'm sitting in my kitchen, Ian has gone to hockey so I'm on my own for some peace of quiet.  The kids were exhausted after a week of Christmas fun at school and then an evening of skating at our neighbours beautiful rink.  We will certainly enjoy that over the winter months.  They went to bed very easily and hopefully will sleep in tomorrow morning. 

One of my favourite parts of the holiday season is writing our Christmas letter, designing our Christmas card and sending it out to so many of our family and friends - almost 100 go out!  It might seem crazy and a lot of work but it is important to us.  This year, earlier in December I just didn't have the words in me to write our annual letter.  Ian took on the task, as he does some years, and I proof read it (ha) and then off it goes.  I like to think that everyone enjoys reading it.  A little recap of our year - when I write the letter, much of it is of family life.  When Ian writes, he describes our business and farm... and then a bit of our family life.  I find that funny. 


I LOVE receiving Christmas cards to - and LOVE seeing pictures and reading letters, (no pressure to any of you) it allows me to catch up for a few minutes on the lives of people I don't get to talk to or see very often.  I take pride in my 2 bulletin boards full of cards and letters - thank you.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  My to-do list is sitting on the counter... I can only hope it all gets done but you never know... a good Christmas movie might be on or we might need to play outside.  Santa doesn't care if my floors need to be vacuumed or my bathroom sink needs a good clean - maybe, if I'm good, he'll do it for me!  I hope he can do a load of laundry to!

Merry Christmas from all of us at Glenroy Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment