Saturday 9 March 2013

That Comforting Feeling of Being Content

Sometimes I forget what it feels like to "feel" content.  Sometimes in my crazy busy life I am running around without a sense of comfort and happiness.  I know I'm living a great life with a family I am proud of but there are many, many times when I have a sense of uneasiness.  I guess that comes with the territory of new endeavors, completing big projects and feeling just plain stressed out.  I am just beginning to feel content again - it has been a little while.  I felt absolutely content on our winter holiday, where our regular life was put on hold for two weeks, but before that, it was a while.  I'm not saying it is a bad thing though - during the past few months I had the feeling of excitement and following our dreams but I have realized lately that I missed our regular, plain-jane, daily routine.  Now I'm feeling on track again.  I had to make peace with a few things in my life and I had to take stock.  Moving forward I'm going to take things in stride (or at least try, right?) and give myself a break.  I'm going to get back to my creative side, which I have been missing so much, and get myself into some projects I can sink my teeth into (or fingers...).  It doesn't mean I'm going to abandon all the areas of my life that are new and exciting but I'm going to put them off to the side more often.  This feels like a good decision.  I spent my evening on Pinterest and looked around for some creative inspiration... and it wasn't too difficult to find.  Now if only I can duplicate myself so one of me can be crafty and the other can do life's usual jobs...

I just love this picture... editted by Aunt Janie

Now don't they look content... so sweet.  Alex with his cousin, Ross.

No comments:

Post a Comment