Saturday 1 June 2013

Finding Love Notes and Other Memories

My day was completely filled up... I don't know about you, but I find that when I'm really busy, I accomplish a lot.  I've always been this way.  The minutes are precious so I fill the moments.  After a full day, while the kids were playing in the bath, I went through my jewelry box - an old relic from my childhood (actually a present from my parents I believe).  I've carried this box with me to every home I have lived in but it is time to retire it away into a cupboard.





It is amazing how random items can just bring back memories.  I found little trinkets I had saved that had value in the memories they evoked, such as a beautiful watch Ian bought for me when we were dating, some gifts of jewelery from special people, a picture of my deceased Grandma Bloetjes, an old friendship ring from a childhood friend, a bracelet from Africa and a little note from a young romance... that was really funny to see!  Made me melt.

That was a note from him!!  I remember him clearly and we had a nice little romance until my family moved away.  I took those precious items, placed them back into my old jewelry box and tucked it nicely away in a drawer.

Here is the final product... nothing special but it works.  Despite how I was ready to put that old thing away, it was full of some nice memories and I had a few giggles and a big smile on my face as I went through it all.  It will be nice to see what ends up in this box in 25 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment