Monday 1 July 2013

Sometimes I Just Need to Step Outside of Myself

Have you ever stepped outside of yourself and asked, "Why are you so grumpy?", "What's wrong with you?  You have a great life -stop being so negative!", "Give yourself a break (and your husband to)!"... many questions come to mind.  This morning I woke up doing just that.  I look back at the past few days and I have been grumpy.  Life is busy these days (it's strawberry season at our farm) but seriously LIFE IS GOOD!  Actually it is pretty damn great.  We are enjoying a very good berry crop, summer has just begun and the kids and I are heading out on a vacation this week (more on that later).  I have so much to be thankful for but there are times when I forget that and purposely rain on my own parade.

This morning I pledge to feel grateful.  I wish I could apologize to Ian in person but he has been up since 4:30am working in the field (I really should be very thankful that I don't have to do the same) and deserves a big breakfast!  He is doing such a great job providing for us so that I can stay home with our children and be there for them every day.  Maybe I should also pledge to be good to myself as well and not berate myself so much.  I am doing a good job around here and someday, when the farm isn't so busy, I will get to clean my house and sit down and play with the kids.  It will happen.

For now, I am taking Alex and Jean's to Grandma and Grandpa Garner's for the week and Grace and I are heading out on what should be a fantastic vacation at her dance competition.  I am so thankful to be able to do that for her!

The Boys of Summer
The Girls of Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment