Tuesday 25 February 2014

A New Quilting Project

My most recent quilting project involved learning a new technique and it was super-easy!  Quilting-as-you-go is a great way to finish a quilt in less time which sometimes is exactly what I want. Let's face it, I always want to complete projects faster and my life right now doesn't allow me much time for quilting and crafts. I found this pattern on Pinterest and have since started following this quilter on her blog. I like her style. 



http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/table-runner-tutorial.html



Here are some photos of my project:



I love this look. Simple strips of varying widths and fabric patterns all following a colour scheme. 



A rectangle of backing fabric, rectangle of batting on top, spray adhesive applied and the strips then sewed in vertical lines. Notice right sides together for strips sewed to one another. 






After sewing one strip, press open with iron. Then carry one sewing next strip. 

I started in the middle of the table runner and worked my way out. The photos on her blog post give better instructions. 






Final product: after the strips are sewn together, I trimmed the whole thing to a good size for a table runner. The binding went on and voila...done!


Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment