Thursday 19 June 2014

She's Moving On

Our sweet Jean is almost done her kindergarten career.  Where did the time go?  I swear it was only yesterday that we sent her off to junior kindergarten.  It was a bittersweet time because she was so excited to head off to school with her older sister and brother and I would finally have some real time to myself to explore what I wanted and needed to do.  I had a very hard time with it actually.  I missed her like crazy when I went out running errands and I really missed our play date visits with others and going to the library with her.  For those precious years I spent with my babies, I always had someone to chat with, someone to cuddle and hold and look after... their world revolved around our little family and once we sent them off into the world to school, their own world would open up.
Time keeps moving and so do we... eventually I found myself as a mom of school-age kids.  I thoroughly enjoy helping at our school and I have cherished those special days when Jean stayed home from school.  I have a great group of friends in similar situations and we spend time together during the day when our kids are at school.  I feel so lucky to be able to do that.
All three of our children really enjoy school.  We don't struggle daily with any of them not wanting to go to school.  We are thankful for that.  Jean has had the best classroom environment.  Her teachers are amazing and we feel so lucky to have had Miss Ray teach all three of our children.  I will miss her.  Mrs. Campbell and Miss Ray have taught both Alex and Jean and we feel that this has made their start in school life the very best.  They are an extraordinary team!

Tomorrow morning we get to celebrate kindergarten and celebrate Jean's start in school.  Grade one will come very quickly, no doubt, but she is ready.

Jean:  almost 4 years old at the beginning of junior kindergarten; Jean: 5 1/2 years old at the end of senior kindergarten

No comments:

Post a Comment