Wednesday 20 August 2014

Just a Little Detour

'So we headed out this morning with excitement only to arrive in Toronto and proceed through customs just a little too slow... And then we ran through the airport like we were on the Amazing Race show only to arrive too late for our flight to Denver. We missed it. 

We couldn't get a flight later in the day to Denver so we were rerouted through Vancouver to fly out to Denver early the next morning. This was going to be the fastest way to our destination. To make things even more interesting, we had to split up. I went ahead to Vancouver and Ian and his parents followed in a later flight. Oh boy. I ran through that whole airport today!

The airline tried to make us feel special and do something good for us but it didn't add up to much. In the end we shouldn't have gone to Vancouver. There were no hotel rooms they could book for us. We could have flown a much easier way to arrive in Denver. Not cool!

So I sit here, looking out to the mountains on the beautiful west coast of Canada (hey it could be worse) waiting for my travel companions. I found us a hotel attached to the airport to stay in for the night and then we are flying to Denver early in the morning. 


In the end, I am thankful for news that my newest nephew is doing so much better today, for two very nice airline customer service people here in Vancouver, for wifi in the airport and for my cell phone.  

By the way, I said in my last blogpost that it takes 30 hours to drive to Eagle Colorado...it also takes that long to fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment