Tuesday 25 November 2014

Jean's Quilt

For Jean's 6th birthday I decided to made this butterfly quilt.  
I admired a butterfly quilt that was hanging in my local quilt shop... I admired it for months thinking that it looked difficult to make but after chatting with the owner, she felt that I could definitely make this quilt on my own and if I needed any assistance, to just ask!  She had kits of fabric put together that included the quilt pattern so I took the plunge and bought what I thought Jean would love!  
Here is a link to the design studio that provided the pattern.
I found the instructions and diagrams very easy to follow and before I knew it, I was done the blocks of the quilt.  It is so pretty!





I am so happy with how it turned out!  It was surprisingly very simple (I would say that I am an intermediate level quilter... passed the beginner stage which is exciting) and the blocks turned out really nice.  I love the fabric!  I chose to use flannel for the backing so it would be soft for cuddling with.  The only downside is that I chose to make the lap size quilt (it had instructions for a baby, lap or bed size) and it doesn't quite cover her bed but I have a large, warm, pink blanket for under this quilt and it looks nice.


By the way, Jean loves it and is looking forward to when we can paint her walls... purple!  I will be choosing white instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment