Friday 5 December 2014

Writing Letters

Today I finished our annual Christmas letter... to be shared in a few days.  We have been sending out a letter for 11 years now and today I decided to print them all off.  I want to make sure I collect our memories and having a hard copy just might prove to be important someday.  I read each one.

I came upon this tradition from Ian's mom and aunts.  They send out Christmas letters each year and it's always a treat to receive them.  I love to write and even though writing and sending our own letter each year can seem like a chore, I am always happy that I take the time.  We actually send out more than 80 Christmas cards and letters each year.  It doesn't take long to have that many between family and friends, new and old.  It's nice to recap what has been happening and I have a sneaky suspicion that someday we will look back and love to read them.  I can see myself sitting in my comfy chair when I am quite elderly and reading them on my high-tech Ipad... from the cloud!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment