Wednesday 8 April 2015

Spring is in the Air but I Love Winter

I have really enjoyed the winter months.  I know, I know... sounds crazy, right?  Spring is taking it's sweet time arriving (it's -2 degrees right now - bitter, damp cold) and all everyone wants is some balmy temperatures to make the snow disappear so we can all run outside in a light jacket... or nothing at all!


This is not what is looks like outside my house today but it did look like this just a week ago.  It's dreary... the poor wild turkeys are looking for food.


Other than the cold temperatures, I am not complaining.  I love the winter.  This is what it represents to me:  time to be together as a family without the whirlwind of a busy farm around us.  Our business is on hiatus in the winter (that doesn't mean we are not working but at a much different pace and in a different way) so we enjoy being together just playing and having fun.  Whether we are away on vacation, watching tv in the evenings or running the roads with the kids to their activities, it is time we spend together as a family.  


The winter months also allow me to take time for myself.  I like to create and my latest passion is quilting... oh how I feel energized when I get to immerse myself in all things fabric!



But...



most of us agree it's time for spring to arrive.

I know the warm days are coming - my house is infested with flies, which means that spring is in the air.  It's time to throw open the windows and let the fresh air in!


The spring is energizing - even for me!  I welcome the change of pace and look forward to another farming season for us... I love watching our crops grow and selling them is another passion of mine.  As a family, we will still spend quality time together but it is just in a different way.

2 comments: