Thursday 29 May 2014

Planting Season

It happens once a year for an extended period of time. 
Planting season. 


Corn, soybeans, sweet corn, strawberry plants, tomatoes, beans...the list can go on. It is a very important time of year when some of the most important work is done. We wait all winter and then this spring was cold and wintery so we waited even longer for the fields to be dry enough to plant and once the time came Ian became very busy. Gone. Out. Noncommittal. Preoccupied. It is 11:02pm and he isn't home yet. 



I wish planting season could be just a little more relaxed. He goes hard and doesn't want to stop except to sleep. Nights are short and the days are long. Strawberry season is right around the corner which is the next busy time when he works nonstop every day. 

This is the farming life. I am proud to be married to a farmer. This is the life I wanted but that doesn't mean there are not difficult days. I have so much to be thankful for such as great kids, a husband that would do anything to provide for his family and a home sweet home. We have our good health and each other. I am looking forward to some family time together soon. 

As for planting season, I am wishing for a nice, long rain so Ian can have a break (and me to). 





1 comment: