Thursday 8 December 2011

I want to stop time.

Lately I've had this feeling that I want to stop time... sortof.  As I watch the kids doing their usual kid-like activities, when we are sitting at the table playing a game or cuddling on the couch early in the morning, I have this strong yearning to make time stop.  I have never been a parent to rush through anything.  This is very evident in some of the milestones children need to meet such as potty training (every one of the kids was almost three or even well past it once they accomplished this task), taking the soother away, moving out of the crib etc.  I don't want to rush ANYTHING.  Except maybe sleeping through the night - I did want that to happen as fast as possible. 
So to help me stop time, I've decided to write down what happens around here.  I can promise that most of it won't be exciting and that you might not find it nearly has funny as we do but I'm going to record it anyways.  My purpose for my blog is to record our life with little tidbits of what happens around here at Glenroy Farm.  We know how lucky we are to live here on our beautiful farm and in our beautiful home.  We know how lucky we are to have so many great friends and family.  We know how lucky we are to have 3 wonderful, healthy kids and we know how lucky we are to have eachother.  You are now lucky to be able to read all about it!  BUT I'm not doing this for our friends and family who want to read this - I'm doing it for us.  For me.  I want to be able to look back and relive moments of our time and then stop time. 

Needless to say, enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how 'goatmilkinggirl' is connected to my gmail account ... the internet is scary sometimes! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete