Tuesday 15 May 2012

My Mother's Day Wish

Just a sample of what I recieved.
I love the crafts the kids make at school, especially Mother's Day crafts and this year was no exception.  Alex came home on Friday with huge excitment.  He threw open his school bag and gave his crafts to me right away and watched me take in every detail.  Grace told me NOT to touch her school bag until Sunday and Jean didn't really show any enthusiasm about her crafts at all.  Her Montessori teacher gave them to me without her even passing a glance my way.   I love the painted handprints, the pipecleaner flowers and the handmade cards with love spilled out all over them.  It gives me giggles and tears all in the same moment. 
This year was a very special Mother's Day because I was able to spend it with my own mom, which hasn't happened since before I became a mommy myself.  We live very far apart and this year my mom, my stepdad and my brother all came to visit us for the weekend (planned so they could attend Grace's dance recital) and that was so special.  Another reason why it was so special was that Ian was able to spend the whole day with  me as well.  In my world I am usually on my own with the kids at this time of year.  Ian is very busy with field work in May and he is usually planting one of our many crops on Mother's Day so I spend the day as I please with our children.  Ian makes me a great breakfast and then he is off and the kids and I head out on an adventure.  One year I lost Alex at Chapters on Mother's Day - that was not an enjoyable adventure and to this day is still a bad memory but generally the kids and I have a lot of fun.
This year we had a delicious brunch, a trip to our new farm and then a hike through the fields to a cave that we love to visit.  The day ended with a delicious bbq meal with Ian's parents.  My day was complete and I feel so blessed to be able to spend it as I wished!

No comments:

Post a Comment