Tuesday 1 May 2012

More Gratitude... Keeping it Going

I'm pulling myself out of this funk... slowly but surely.  I am actively appreciating the wonderful things in my life, I am making the most of some of the precious moments (hanging out with my big girl at her dance competition, holding Jean when she asks me to - it could all change in an instant) and consiously feeling joy.  After last week's post (Feeling Sorry), there was a rush of warmth from some new friends of mine.  Reaching out is sometimes really hard and no doubt I felt self-consious about my candor but afterwards I felt relief.  I also recieved some very encouraging words helping me to see that I'm not alone. 

summertime on our yard

Continuing on my gratitude journal is also a way for me to acknowledge the precious parts of my life... today I am thankful for:
  • getting my "to-do list" done for the day.  I have an overall list but everyday I make a mini-list JUST for the current day and sometimes I complete it and sometimes I don't - TODAY was a productive day!
  • Jean and her imagination.  Recently I have noticed she is really enjoying play-time on her own.  It mostly involves a purse, her kitchen toys, her baby stroller and some babies of her own.  It is nice to be working away at something and hear her little voice in the background.
  • being a SAHM (stay-at-home mom)... it works really well for us, especially on days like today
  • dinner on the table when I returned with the kids from Grace's dance class.  It is a really nice feeling to walk into the kitchen and just have to sit down to dinner. 

Jean at 4 months old
Alex and Ian on Mother's Day 2007
Grace celebrating spring with bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment