Saturday 25 August 2012

Happy Birthday to Me



Well today is my birthday.  As you can tell in the picture above (digital birthday card) I am now 35 years old.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the thought of that - I have never been one to really care how old I was but this year I am certainly feeling a bit older.  There could be many reasons for my hesitation in accepting my age; my "baby" is starting school in one week, I will most likely not have any more babies, I can see 40 years in the horizon - it feel like the last 5 years have flown by so the next 5 will and I'm feeling a bit overweight. On the flip-side, I am excited for the next stage in my life.  I'm looking forward to expanding my career with our farm business - I have been focussing on the kids for so long that I need something else to make me feel complete.  I have absolutely no regrets about being at home with our children and I am really happy to continue that way (so thankful to have that flexibility) but now I will have time to feed my own desires in business and in creativity with our home. 
To commemorate by birthday here is a list 35 items I hope to achieve this year:
1.  Strip and Paint a couple of rooms in our home.
2.  Improve my health by losing a few pounds and excersising more.  In the past I have done a better job of taking care of myself and in recent months I have let that go a bit too much.
3.  Plan a really awesome winter vacation with our family!!
4.  Go on that vacation!
5.  Give some more of my time to our children's school - I love volunteering there.
6.  Continue with my blog to document our life.
7.  Complete a block-of-the-month winter quilt for our home.
8.  Finish a beautiful "pink" quilt for a special person and her little girls.
9.  Make a batch of salsa.
10.  Drink more water.
11.  Drink more red wine.
12.  Travel with Ian on a little "couple's" vacation... Quebec City is the plan... to celebrate 10 wonderful years.
13.  Watch less t.v.
14.  Sew more.
15.  Make lots and lots of jam to sell next year.
16.  Purchase and use more eco-friendly and skin-friendly products.
17.  Continue to try to teach our children to eat healthy.
18.  Eat more fruit and veggies myself.
19.  Run 5 kilometres.
20.  Read the 3rd book in the 50 shades series.
21.  Learn to make my own pasta.
22.  Hug and kiss the kids more.
23.  Kiss my husband more...
24.  Breath through my stress.
25.  Call my mom more often.
26.  Go to bed earlier.
27.  Reorganize and give away the items I have saved from my teaching days.
28.  Clean out my big deep freezer.
29.  Take a yoga class.
30.  Make zucchini relish.
31.  Take a skiing class... refamiliarize myself with that sport.
32.  Put the kids in skiing lessons.
33.  Go for walks by myself.
34.  Show my husband that he is the most important person to me.
35.  Love myself a little bit more.

That list is pretty long and some points are more daunting than others but I am going to strive to fullfill it despite the length.  Here's to another great birthday... my day was filled with love, laughter, tears and joy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment