Tuesday 21 August 2012

Productive Days

I love days when we plan on having some fun.  I love spontaneous days when we don't have any plans but we go out and drive somewhere.   I really really love productive days.  Today was one of those days and it feels really good to just sit down at the end of one of those days and relax, put my feet up (especially when something heavy fell on my right foot and it hurts) and decide to do nothing for the rest of the evening. 
Grace went away for the day with her friend so that left Jean and Alex to just play at home on their own.  It amazes me how having just 2 makes the day more peaceful.  They easily played together and then on their own throughout the whole day.  Both Jean and Alex have great imaginations and they always have such interesting dialogues... the dress-up clothes is all over the floor and then later on in the day the cars and animals are lined up in the livingroom.  Now the play-doh is covering half of the table as I write but no doubt they are getting along, singing and talking amongst themselves. 
As a result of such a peaceful day I made raspberry jam, homemade granola, cinnamon buns, washed and folded 4 loads of laundry and finished making a sundress for Grace.  I also did some vaccuuming! 
What a great day... but my foot really hurts so I'm going to relax for the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I was thinking the same thing about two at home being peaceful today. Our oldest was also at a friend's. What is it that makes three so impossible to get along???? Sorry about your foot, hope it's better tomorrow. You made me feel like a real slacker with what you got accomplished today! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about that but please don't think that this happens to me very often... I have many many days where I wonder what I did accomplish that day!

      Delete