Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sometimes it is the Simplest Things


If you know me well, you know I love to cook and preserve food.  I'm trying to improve my baking skills but I like the freedom of adding a little of this and that and baking doesn't really allow for much freedom from a recipe. 

The time is coming for me to start preserving and I love to spend some of my time finding new and improved recipes for relishes and salsa.  Our tomatoes are finally ripening and the zucchinni and bountiful.  Earlier this year my food processor bit the dust while I was grating cheese for homemade pizza so a few weeks ago I started to watch the flyers for sales on a new food processor.  Ian bought me a wonderful kitchenaid mixer a couple of years ago and I've used it a lot and love that it is a high quality machine.  We have learned that if we pay the money for quality, we will not regret spending the money and my mixer was a perfect example.  I was looking for a sale on a less expensive processor but Ian was adamant I get something "good" so we found a kitchenaid food processor.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL and works so well!  Now I'm really excited to get started on my preserving!

It doesn't take much to please and impress me.  Ian knows that.  I guess after 10 years together we know what eachother like and small kitchen appliances make me happy... hee hee.  We also needed a new vacuum earlier this summer and it crossed Ian's mind to buy me one for my birthday but that idea did not go over very well... but a food processor was just fine.  I guess he is still trying to figure me out still.  I need to keep him on his toes.

So today I'm going to grate zucchinni for loaf cakes, make raspberry jam and oatmeal cookies.  Both of my favourite kitchen appliances will be put to the test today!

No comments:

Post a Comment