Thursday 9 August 2012

A Wonderful Lazy Rainy Day

The main reason I'm blogging is to tell our story and to record our life and it's transitions.  Today was just a regular day - actually, no it wasn't! 
It is raining and has been for most of the day - a blessed rain that we need so badly.  I decided that we were going to just stay home today and hoped that I could get some laundry and baking done, which I did.  I even got to attempt to sew a dress for my girls which is finally coming along nicely (I will post a picture when the dresses are done). 
The kids were amazing today - they just played together and separately with very little arguing and battling over toys.  I should say the t.v. was on for much of the day but most of the time it was in the background (it is Olympic time!)... the kids played with their lego for the WHOLE morning and then the afternoon was filled with baking, computer games and just plain relaxing.  It was heavenly SO I thought I would record what a great day it has been and hoping that the evening is much the same. 
It is days like this that I wish school time won't come so quickly... I love love love having the kids home with me.  Tomorrow we are off to run errands and Grace is heading to a birthday party so back to normal!
Here's hoping your day has been heavenly as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment