Monday 8 October 2012

It Is Easy To Be Thankful

At the end of this Thanksgiving weekend (one of my favourite holidays) I am compelled to write some of my own "thanksgivings".  I think this might help me feel better during some struggles we are experiencing with our own farm business.  We are continuing to feel the effects of our summer drought and it is harvesting time for our soybeans and grain corn but it certainly isn't going very well.  Such is the life of a farming family!  They always say some years are good and some are tough and this one has been challenging and the effects will last quite a while.  I'm not going to get into the specifics of our very own struggles this year but I do want to list some of the parts of our life that I am thankful for...


1.  Ian:  strong, steady, reliable, loving (AMAZING)
2.  Grace:  loving, creative, beautiful, adventurous
3.  Alex:  loveable, funny, sensitive, friendly, smart ... my boy who amazes me every day!
4.  Jean:  giving, beautiful, cuddly, full of expression
5.  My mom:  Very supportive.  She shows more strength than a person should have to...
6.  My sister and brother
7.  My home
8.  My parents-in-law:  the most welcoming and giving people.
9.  Our extended family circle:  It is quite big and I am so thankful to have them around us.  Near or far, they show support and love to us.
10.  I am especially thankful to be living in a country that allows us to have a good life.  We have a full pantry and freezer, we are well educated and our children continue that same path, we live in a beautiful home in a breathtaking part of the country and we are free.  Today I am most thankful for that so despite the fact that our life may not always be perfect and that there is some parts of our life right now that are not comfortable, we are living the good life. 
11.  I shouldn't leave out feeling thankful for hope... being farmers, there will always be hope that next year will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment