Friday 26 October 2012

So What's New?

I love having the house to myself in the evenings after the kids go to bed.  Ian is playing hockey tonight and I am sitting at the laptop just enjoying my time.  Tonight was busy but so much fun.  After I met for dinner with my book club, I went to the Halloween Dance at our school.  Ian brought the kids a little earlier and after spending some time trying to find them amidst the foggy smoke and little dressed up creatures, I found Ian and Jean sitting on the sidelines having a snack.  The rest of our evening was spent watching all of the kids dancing, running and having so much fun with their friends.  We live in a great community and I am so happy to be a part of a vibrant school.  I forgot my camera and iphone tonight but really wished I could have captured some moments... so many priceless ones.  Close to the end of the evening, a parent-friend told Ian that she thought he should win "Father of the Year" for dancing with his kids.  I love that about him - he is not afraid to have fun with them.  Another wonderful moment.

Tomorrow is the first Saturday morning we have spent at home with all 5 of us in ages!  After a busy summer and fall of Saturday Farmers' Markets and then last year having hockey every Saturday morning, we have tomorrow morning "off".  Alex usually has hockey and Jean usually has dance class but tomorrow there is NOTHING planned!  I am really hoping everyone sleeps in (at least a little bit) and then we are going to relax for the day.  The kids don't want to go anywhere; they just want to play games, build lego, do some crafts and I am hoping to do some sewing.  Then we will make homemade pizza tomorrow night and watch a movie or two. 

Happy Weekend to all of you! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment