Friday 11 January 2013

Being Real For Myself


 
Posted by Picasa
Tis the season for making New Year's resolutions... and then having them go by the wayside.  I feel like my 35 things for my 35th birthday (previous blog post) was my way of making resolutions so as we begin another year, I am focussing on just a few things:  the first thing is my health.  I do want to lose a few pounds but more importantly, I want to gain some body health.  I love to be active, especially with my kids.  Winter time is perfect for us as a family to enjoy some outdoor fun together (whether it is in the snow or the sunny south) and I love to be able to keep up with them easily.  In the past I have enjoyed running on my road.  It gives me peace and the feeling of accomplishment.  I just feel good when I run. 
 
Not only am I trying to be more active but I need to focus on some of my eating habits.  Usually when I try to lose some weight, I step on that darn scale and become even more frustrated.  THIS TIME I AM GOING TO AVOID MY SCALE.  A friend of mine explains that a weigh scale only measures the gravity's pull on our bodies... it has nothing to do with us as a person - how great we really are; how strong we are; how resilient we are; if we are a good friend, parent, daughter, or how creative we are, how smart we are, how loving we are!  So right now I have decided to focus on BEING REAL and freeing my body and mind from my own negative thoughts.  I will focus on becoming healthier, more active and loving myself! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment