Monday 15 April 2013

Milestones to be Cherished

As parents, we like to celebrate milestones in our children's lives.  Big or small, they are to be cherished and remembered because time is literally flying past.  I don't have a great memory for exactly when our children hit certain milestones but I do remember the feeling I had, how it brings tears to my eyes both happy and sad.  Pride always fills my heart.



Alex is now officially riding his bike, confidently, without training wheels!  At 6.5 years old, it was time!  We have such a great place for the kids to ride their bikes around and I've always dreamed of them riding around the farm having some independent fun.  For Alex the time had to be right.  Last summer Ian took his training wheels off but he wasn't very keen on riding without them attached.  This spring we really encouraged him to try again and we both spent some time running behind his bike, holding on to his seat!  Last evening though I was running behind him, lightly holding on and realized he didn't really need me anymore.  He took off on his own!  We are so proud of him - and I am excited to go for family bike rides on our road with all three kids.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment