Wednesday 27 November 2013

Our First Sign of the Magic of the Season

All is right in the world when a 9 year old still believes...

Today was a snow day - the first of the school year and certainly one of many.  We ALL love snow days and this one was very enjoyable due to mild temperatures, beautiful, fresh snow and good road conditions despite the cancellation of buses.  We baked cookies, the kids watched a movie, played in the snow, went to the dentist, visited some friends and then, while I made dinner, they began writing their letters to Santa Claus.  Alex and Jean didn't put a lot of thought into their letter and we will be helping them complete their letters some time this week but Grace, at 9 years of age, put a lot of thought into her letter.  We have recently wondered if she still believes in Santa Claus and we got our answer tonight.


When she finished her letter, she put it directly into an envelope and sealed it up.  She would not let me read it or tell me what it said.... so I opened it tonight after she went to bed!  Shame on me but I need to know!!!

Low and behold I was brought to tears by the end of the letter.  Not only does our little girl believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas but she loves her family so much (her daddy) that she wants him to be happy to and for Santa to bring him a much-needed new truck.

She always amazes us with her beautiful spirit.  This is one of the many reasons why I love the Christmas season.  I hope you all can find some magic in yours as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a keeper. Could you scan a copy before sending it off?

    ReplyDelete