Saturday 30 August 2014

Trip to Colorado: Our Afternoon in Vail

Sunday August 24 was our last day in Colorado so we drove to Vail.  We walked around the villages and took the gondola up to the top of the ski hill.  




We were all experiencing the change in altitude but decided we could do a 1/2 hour hike across the mountain. 



We were very, very high up but took it all in.  The beauty of the surroundings was amazing.  I was feeling very light-headed but I wanted to take this hike because I may never get the chance again.  We took a different gondola down the mountain and roamed around the village again going through the farmers' market.  Ann and I found a cute little cowboy boot shop where boots where over $1000 per pair... a little out of our price range.  We drove a little farther to another town and stopped for a snack and a coffee while sitting on a small patio over looking more mountains.  It was such a great day - a perfect end to our trip to Colorado.

Unfortunately we had more bad luck with our flights the next day.  The airlines had a mix-up again and Ian and I flew separately from Ann and Jim back to Toronto and Ottawa.  Ian and I did some more fast moving through Toronto's airport but thankfully we made it home, with lots of stories to tell.  August 25 was my birthday and I spent it in 3 airports but at least I was with Ian the whole time. We came home to a birthday cake, our three awesome kids and my wonderful parents.
Happy 37th Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment