Saturday 30 August 2014

Trip to Colorado: Wedding Day


It's the big day - Wedding Day!  

For our stay in Eagle, Colorado, we were fortunate to stay in a house that Warren and Courtney rented for some of their wedding party and themselves.  The bride got ready in their room with her bridesmaids and I was able to see her walk down the lane to her "red chariot".



The Ottawa Valley (Renfrew) Crew:  Ian Costello, Chris Collins, Myself, Ann and Jim McGregor (Ian's parents, Ian was with the wedding party)
The day held glimpses of sun but mostly it was cool and rainy.  

The wedding ceremony music was perfect - these two girls are friends of Courtney and Warren's, which made it even more special.
 I loved their yellow dresses and boots!

I took this photo from my spot in the "Circle Ceremony"... a new experience for us.  All of the guests stood in a circle as the bride and groom walked around the circle, on their own, greeting all of us.  I loved this part of the ceremony. 

Warren waits for his bride as the ceremony continues.

Courtney walks towards Warren with her parents and the wedding party is behind her.

This isn't the whole wedding party... there is one more couple.  The bridesmaids wore a blue dress of their own choice and the groomsmen wore pants of their choice and with shirts, ties, tie-clips and belts from Warren.  The flowers were yellow and various kinds - it all looked perfect together.

Warren and Courtney spend a lot of their time biking, as do many locals in Eagle Colorado.  That theme was throughout their whole wedding and once their ceremony was finished, they rode off together by themselves.  It was raining but they went anyways... I just love this photo.

Many of the guests also rode bicycles from the ceremony, including Ian, Ian and Chris.
The ride was mostly downhill all the way to the reception hall.

This was my last good photo of the wedding.  Before dinner, the guests played games and socialized.  We threw a football around and it was so much fun.  I took off my shoes and played in the green grass.  It was very relaxing and enjoyable.  Ian and I sat together during dinner at their head table; the meal was excellent and the wine and champagne was good.  I put my camera away and spent the rest of the time enjoying it all...taking it all in.  We danced the night away on an outdoor dance floor to a band that played country and bluegrass music.  We had a great time.
On a side note, I was brought up to the stage to sing O'Canada, in honour of Warren.  I really hope no one got that on video.  
I love weddings.  Every wedding has it's uniqueness but this one seemed to suit the bride and groom perfectly.  Ian and Warren have been friends a long time but after meeting Courtney, we have a new friend in her.  She is absolutely lovely - a very kind person and I look forward to meeting up with them again soon.   We would like to thank Warren and Courtney for including us in their wedding celebrations.  It was a trip of a lifetime and an experience to treasure.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and unique wedding! Sounds like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete