Saturday 30 August 2014

Trip to Colorado: Wedding Rehearsal Day

Friday August 22 was the wedding rehearsal day.  Ian was busy for much of the day helping to decorate the dinner and reception area.  I was able to go for a beautiful run...completely forgetting about the change in altitude until the end when I was exceptionally out of breath!  I felt like I would never experience scenery like that again during a run so I took it all in and it felt good.

By late afternoon, we were at the wedding ceremony site which was breathtaking.  It was high above overlooking the town of Eagle with mountains in the background.  It was a little park (which even included a play structure) with nothing else around it - very private but wide open.

Here is the bride (Courtney) and the groom (Warren) with some of their wedding party.

Warren was calm and cool just waiting for his bride.

The bride looks so beautiful in her cute green dress and fantastic cowgirl boots!

Warren, Courtney and the Officiant (Tom) and Courtney's sister (Addie)

I had to make sure we got a picture of us and the beautiful scenery.  I couldn't get enough of it all.

There were so many unique parts to this wedding.  At the reception hall they set up a games area - foosball, pingpong etc.  Right beside the hall was the largest play structure in a park that we have ever seen.  The wedding was so family-friendly and certainly belonged to an active couple and their family and friends.
Look at the backdrop!!!  Amazing!

My handsome date!

Three Renfrew Boys celebrating with Warren.  Ian, Chris and Ian thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

The happy couple.  

This is a real photo that I took... breathtaking!  Everywhere we looked, this is what we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment