Thursday 26 April 2012



This is my beautiful little sister, Carollyn.  Actually we are only 13 months apart so for most of our life, it feels as though we are the same age.  She lives with her husband and 2 little girls very far away from me.  When I moved 6 hours away from my hometown to be Ian, I left a lot of people I loved and it was hard but moving so far from Carollyn was extremely hard.  I knew we were going to have some pretty big milestones ahead of us, such as each of our marriages, career changes, new homes and CHILDREN and having her nearby would have been so wonderful.  Amidst our busy lives though, we always take time for eachother.  Thankfully she is only a phone call, email or text away and despite how time keeps on going, we make time to keep in touch.  Also, thankfully we can drive to see eachother and our families. 
Every time we part though, I am so sad.  Our kids are close in age and have so much fun together and our husbands enjoy eachother's company as well - business and sports being their main conversation!  I wish we could just go our for dinner together, or go to the movies, or babysit eachother's children... so many times we could share if distance wasn't in the way.  The bright side is that when we do see eachother it is always fun and lots of bonding happens.  She came here a couple of weeks ago with her girls and it was so much fun (I posted about that with lots of pictures). 
I'm missing her this week.

I'm going to add her to my Gratitude Jounal:
  • I am so thankful for my sister, Carollyn. 
  • I am also thankful for her husband Matt and my nieces, Clare and Alison.

No comments:

Post a Comment