Monday 15 October 2012

Fabric, Patterns and Creativity


I just finished one of the most beautiful quilts I have made in my short career as a quilter.  Actually I started quilting when I was 8 months pregnant with Alex (my middle child), which was almost 6 years ago but as I was raising 3 babies, time for sitting at my sewing machine awake, was very limited.  I'm not exactly sure why I picked those weeks to begin a new hobby; maybe I was nesting but despite why I started, I have grown to absolutely love all things related to quilting.  This quilt in particular was made out of love for somone and I chose the colours and patterns with my thoughts about them.  I don't always sew for someone else... actually I usually just sew and quilt for myself and then it leads into a gift for someone.  You can never have enough quilts and quilted objects in your home.  I love fabric and patterns and being creative so quilting is my passion. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new header! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy. We had a family photo shoot done by my friend (and very talented photographer) and she actually made it for me for my facebook page so I thought I could use it for this to.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete