Sunday 15 September 2013

Just Being Honest...

I need to be honest.  This whole "cleanse" thing... not working for me.  I just don't like it and I certainly don't feel good.  Especially my mood so I gave it up.  Just being honest.  I gave it a whole-hearted try for 4 days... day four was really hard and then I just threw it out the window.  I know what changes I need to make AND I know what I can cut down on.  I learned some great new recipes and discovered quinoa and how easy and versatile it can be.  I know now that I can give up dairy if I want to - that wasn't so hard.  I think the biggest mistake I made is that I gave up too much at one time.  Maybe I should try cutting just one or two things out of my diet for a while and then moving on to more once I mastered that... overall I need to become a lot more healthy and pay attention more to what I eat but the best thing I've learned is that I love to be active.  It just feels good.  Here's shot of my lovely runners after a great run today.  I overcame some hurdles today and that just feels amazing!



I hope we can all find ways to be more healthy - I plan on being around for a while and I hope to run and jump and play with my grandkids so I better keep those runners going.  Although, I really love all the bright, fluorescent colours in running shoes right now... maybe a new pair is in order!

Some super-cute running shoes we bought for the kids today.

No comments:

Post a Comment