Monday 14 October 2013

Thanksgiving

My favourite weekend in the whole year is Thanksgiving.  I have always known Thanksgiving to be a very busy time, a time when usually I'm on my own for most of it as Ian is usually in the field harvesting, planting wheat, or selling at a Farmers' Market but no matter how busy we are it is easy to take time and feel thankful for everything we have and to feel loved.



I am thankful for:
-My beautiful, healthy family... 3 children who we are so proud of and a an awesome husband who is full of patience and love
-my own health.  I am proud of what I've accomplished so far this year... I am doing so much more for my own health than I have in a long time.  Running has become a part of my life that gives me strength and peace and yoga is just plain good for me!
-my home... sometimes it is frustrating to live in an old house but no matter what, I love it.  It is our safe haven.  I love when we do renovation projects and it turns out beautiful.   Most recently we have had some of our flooring refinished and it reminds me how much character our home has... if these walls could talk.
-my mom, sister and brother... so far away yet always there for me when I need them.  The older I get, the closer I wish we were to them.
-my "McGregor" family.  I am so thankful to have such a big, supportive "inlaw" family.  They are always there to support us and are such a big part of our life.  We work and play together and we wouldn't have it any other way.
-my friends - new and old.  As a busy mom and wife, it is hard to find time for friends but necessary to do so.  Loneliness can creep in on me very quickly and all I need is a good chat with friends to help me feel grounded again.

These are just a few things I am thankful for... the list could go on and on but, no surprise, I've got a birthday party to get ready for - cupcakes to decorate, lunch to make, vacuuming, and nice run for myself to squeeze in.  Let's enjoy the last day of our Thanksgiving holiday!

2 comments: