Wednesday 19 March 2014

Hug Your Kids and Kiss Your Spouse

It is easy to get caught up in the little details of life... vehicles breaking down, laundry piling up, forgotten homework, a busy spouse, too much snow, crabby kids; the list goes on and on and that is LIFE. Every so often I get a reality check. 

I have been touched my sadness and an aching in my heart this week. In moments of silence my mind goes straight to what is happening to a friend and her family right now. I see myself in her, all the good things... love for her kids, patience, playfulness, zest for life, being in the moment.  She exudes such warmth and it is always nice to be near her, chatting about family, kids and activities. Her face is in my mind as she struggles for her life and no doubt she is struggling hard and hopefully winning. I can't help but have no doubt she will win. 

My husband left on a business trip this morning and I am going to miss him like crazy. More than usual I think. I had a restless sleep thinking about it but made sure I got up to see him off. A hug, kiss and sweet "I love you" was said because you just never know...

Hug you kids, kiss your spouse, be kind to others and yourself. It is always a beautiful day when you can get up and do those things and get them back in return. 

2 comments:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes reading this Deb, it is true - you just never know. I always say this to Les - kiss me goodbye even if I am not awake.

    The morning my Mom went off to work, I wasn't home and the last I talked to her was the night before (I was at a friends) and our call ended with I Love You. That was the last communication I had with her, and I am grateful.

    Things can change in a blink of an eye and we need to appreciate it and soak it all in now, while we can. xo

    ReplyDelete